grub-devel

grub_exit instead of grub_stop

From: Yoshinori K. Okuji
Subject: grub_exit instead of grub_stop
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 15:43:53 +0200

I've changed the API a bit. GRUB now uses grub_abort instead of grub_stop.
Then grub_abort calls grub_exit. This is the function which must be defined
in every architecture.

The implementation of grub_abort is to wait for a key input, if the terminal
is alive, then call grub_exit. The desirable behavior of grub_exit is to
return to the firmware. For Open Firmware, I simply renamed abort to
grub_exit. For PC, I try INT 18H first, and reboot if that failed. For EFI, I
renamed grub_efi_exit to grub_exit.

I took care of not destroying the code, but I haven't tested the Open Firmware
part. If you find anything wrong, let me know.

Okuji