grub-devel

Re: GRUB2 fs support

From: Marco Gerards
Subject: Re: GRUB2 fs support
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 16:11:27 +0200

address@hidden writes:

> I was wondering if someone is actively working on the reiserfs support
> for grub2
> and if not that I'd be able to attempt this task.

No, not at the moment.  Do you want to work on reiser3 or reiser4?

Some people suggested using the namesys library for adding reiser4
support, but I do not think it is a good option because it is rather
big.  Hopefully the on disk datastructures for reiser4 are quite
stable (as in fixed).

If you have questions about the GRUB 2 part of the job, feel free to
contact me, either by mail or via IRC.

--
Marco