grub-devel

Re: TCP timers and telnet

From: Hollis Blanchard
Subject: Re: TCP timers and telnet
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2006 12:31:20 -0600

On Apr 1, 2006, at 10:30 AM, Marco Gerards wrote:

"Yoshinori K. Okuji" <address@hidden> writes:

On Saturday 01 April 2006 18:15, Marco Gerards wrote:
So I was thinking, why not add such functionality to GRUB 2?  It's
easy to implement with the networking code I currently have. The only
thing about it that sucks is that we have to implement multitheading,
kinda...

I object to multithreading. It makes our life just harder. I prefer an
event-driven approach as you suggested before.

My previous suggestion would have worked, if you didn't telnet into
GRUB.  The current discussion is about having multiple different GRUB
sessions simultaniously.  So in that case you will need locking, etc.

What about allowing only a single telnet connection? Or multiple connections, but they all show the same session?

-Hollis