grub-devel

Re: grub 1.93

From: Marco Gerards
Subject: Re: grub 1.93
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 11:25:11 +0200

"Sergey Ya. Korshunoff" <address@hidden> writes:

Hi,

> 1) current version of GRUB2 (1.93 from CVS) reports about pointer misaligment
> and hangs
> (no any text menu posiible). Any plans to fix this? (I use x86 hardware).
>
>    Yes, it is because of grub.cfg from 1.92 (old menu stile).
>    While there is no support for this style in current GRUB2?
>    Read all non empty lines after this command and execute them.
>    Is is hard to implement?

The syntax changed.

> 2) cursor keys do not work in menu (can not move selection bar). But
> keys work in edit menu mode.

Weird.  Is this on the PC?  Does GRUB Legacy work?

>      Is there plans to add ^N ^P ^A ^D (or some other like this) as
> navigation keys?

There are some navigation keys, but I can not remember which they are.

> 3) long menu lines (linux .......................... with parameters)
> are truncated (but it is possible to add more chars in edit mode)

Oh, I will have a look at this.  IIRC the limit is 255 characters.

> 4) default 1
>    This command do not select right menu item as in 1.92 (always 0)

Hm, I will look into this.

As you noticed the syntax changes might have broken some things.  I
will have a look at all of this after my exams (I hope...).  Please
tell me the things that don't work correctly so I can fix those
issues.

--
Marco