grub-devel

grub 1.92

From: Sergey Ya. Korshunoff
Subject: grub 1.92
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 05:59:51 +0400

Hello, grub-devel.

grub 1.92 is already quite usefull.
I use it as a boot loader in my GENTOO partition.

But current version of GRUB2 (1.93 from CVS) reports about pointer misaligment
and hangs
(no any text menu posiible). Any plans to fix this? (I use x86 hardware).

Suggestions about grub2 1.92

1) Make it possible to coexist with grub 0.97:
     -- /boot/grub2 intstead of /boot/grub as target for install scripts
     -- rename scripts to grub2-install etc...
     -- /usr/lib/grub2 and etc....

   Then user can select wich version of grub to install on some
   partition

2) It is nice to keep clean /boot/grub2 from modules (put them in
subdir like /boot/grub2/modules)

3) some grub-cfg.txt with sample menu for grub2-install to put into
/boot/grub2 (as it do with fs.lst and modules.lst)

Currenly user need to search sources to find default name for menu and
how is can look.

4) Minor error: when pager=1 then it works and in menu mode (when we
ask to edit some menu line or return back). And maybe pager=1 by
defaults?

--
Regards,
Sergey Ya. Korshunoff (Russia, Moscow)