grub-devel

Re: software raid1

From: Tomáš Ebenlendr
Subject: Re: software raid1
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 07:48:07 +0200 (CEST)

> ... but grub loads the kernel and the ramdisk, and then the kernel
> executes the ramdisk.  The RAID has to work (for reads, anyway) before
> then.
>
> --
>   Peter

What do you mean work? Grub will read from one disk ignoring it is in RAID1,
in this case. And I don't know current implementation of raid now, but there
was implementation where one must say to kernel by script (in ramdisk)
which partition is joint whith wich... But now there might be some
autodetection...

--
                                            Tomas 'Ebi' Ebenlendr
                                            http://get.to/ebik