grub-devel

Re: grub2 on apple ppc

From: Marco Gerards
Subject: Re: grub2 on apple ppc
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 17:54:05 +0200

address@hidden writes:

Hi,

> I've tested grub2 on a newworld powermac G4 booting a linux kernel; if I
> don't use the fake "title" command, ie grub2 calls grub_cmdline_run, it
> works. Instead, If I use a cfg file like
>
> title Linux
>   linux ...

This syntax is not correct anymore.  For the last release the syntax
to specify menu items completely changed.  Of course it is a bug that
incorrect syntax is not handled correctly and I plan to fix that.

> I get a Decrementer exception. Any clue or suggestion about how to debug
> this?

This is a known bug.  You could debug it using gdb+grub-emu.  But
better wait until I start working on scripting again, I plan to make
many changes and written down this bug already.

--
Marco