grub-devel

Re: Status of UNDI Support

From: Vesa Jääskeläinen
Subject: Re: Status of UNDI Support
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 11:04:16 +0200

Marco Gerards wrote:
> I prefer to support both.  The etherboot drivers usually work better
> than UNDI, AFAIK.  But when etherboot does not support a card, people
> can fall back to UNDI.  Don't forget that not all cards support UNDI,
> so I don't want UNDI only.

I think the many driver manufactures has NDIS drivers. So I think
supporting this option would be nice. Perhaps when the network driver
interface has been specified (and I have all critical parts in video
support done), I could check it out.

Here is the URL for it:
http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/

Thanks,