grub-devel

Re: [rfc] User definable terminfo support

From: Marco Gerards
Subject: Re: [rfc] User definable terminfo support
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2006 23:59:17 +0100

Omniflux <address@hidden> writes:

> This code is incomplete, but I want to get some feedback from you,
> Marco, to ensure I am going down the correct path.
>
> Is there a reason there is not a way to unregister an env. variable
> hook, or is it just not yet coded?

You could write to null pointers.  The last hooks passed to the
grub_register_variable_hook function are the once used.

> Should there be code in the grub_register_variable_hook function to
> prevent overwriting an existing hook or should there be support for
> multiple hooks (how would ordering be handled though?)?

You just need one hook, that's for TERM.  I think it is safe to assume
that the terminfo stuff is the only user.  When registering you should
get the hook, when you unregister you should remove the hook
(otherwise it can point to a non-existing function).

--
Marco