grub-devel

Re: Executable stacks

From: Marco Gerards
Subject: Re: Executable stacks
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 18:47:13 +0100

Petteri Räty <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello. GRUB2 contains executable stacks. Usually these are not needed
> and can be easily fixed.

It's funny that you mention this now. :-)

There have been a lot of reports about this already, see the
mailinglist archives.  Because of this I have added a page to the
wiki, which I just finished a few seconds ago:

http://grub.enbug.org/NestedFunctions

Please proofread it to make sure the facts are correct.  Although this
is a wiki, I hope people don't just change it so it reflects their
opinion instead of the facts I carefully added to this page.  I am
saying this because people for some reason are a bit fanatic about
this issue. ;-)

--
Marco