grub-devel

Re: Broken Build on Mac OS X

From: Andrei Warkentin
Subject: Re: Broken Build on Mac OS X
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2005 21:13:17 -0600

Hello,

I should add a 'caveat emptor'. I've never built GRUB2 on OS X before, and, although I do not anticipate issues with the method I mentioned in my previous email, I am not guaranteeing success either. I've built my kernel both on Linux and OS X this way though, and I had no issues. My understanding is that you will have to somehow convince the GRUB2 build to use your gcc versus the system one.

Have a good day.