grub-devel

Re: About grub-1.91's terminal vesafb .(CJK characters)

From: Vesa Jääskeläinen
Subject: Re: About grub-1.91's terminal vesafb .(CJK characters)
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 15:04:06 +0200

Andy Zheng wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I discovered that, in the current GRUB 2 (1.91 and CVS as of today), the
> vesafb terminal cannot display fullwidth (16x16) CJK characters
> properly.  (The vga terminal displays both halfwidth and fullwidth
> characters properly.)
>
> I finally got it to work after some tweaking.  Please see the attached
> patch file.

Thanks for your note.

I already noticed this off by one problem, but it is not fixed in CVS.
And it is a bit different fix. In my development version of video
subsystem byte ordering for greater than width>8 is a bit different so
the actual rendering code is different.

Could you test the new rendering code if it is a correct, as it is a bit
harder for me to test foreigner glyphs :)

Here is link to latest code.
http://jumi.lut.fi/~vjaaskel/grub2/grub2-video-20051126.tar.gz

Now this rendering code reside in video/i386/pc/vbe.c
(grub_video_vbe_blit_glyph).