grub-devel

GRUB && DEFRAG (HELP) IT IS NOT SPAM

From: Alexandre Borges
Subject: GRUB && DEFRAG (HELP) IT IS NOT SPAM
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 18:19:55 -0200

Hi there,
My name's Alexandre Borges from Rio de Janeiro (Brazil).
I'm working in a defrag for linux/ext2.
Could you say me a easy way to identify which files I must to preserve when
defragging?
Currently I've adopted the follow strategy: I preserve each file on /boot
(recusive)
directory.
It has worked at Red Hat 7 and Mandrake 10 with LILO, but I don't know about
GRUB.
My main care is GRUB needs for some file that it isn't in /boot
Do you have any code to identify such files(inodes or even sectors) if
necessary?
How can I be make sure that grub has been instaled?

Could you help me?

Thanks,
Alexandre

Promoção Mergulhou Ganhou!
Navegue 30 horas e ganhe R$10,00 para gastar com o que quiser no Submarino.
Cadastre-se aqui. www.click21.com.br/mergulhouganhou/