grub-devel

clearing the screen with Open Firmware

From: Hollis Blanchard
Subject: clearing the screen with Open Firmware
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 20:09:32 -0600

I realized that grub_ofconsole_cls() wasn't working at all on my G3 with video console. With a little bit of experimentation on that and serial console on the briQ, I've determined that using *both* the ANSI escape sequence and a literal ^L seems to work. Please let me know if you see odd video artifacts after this (that includes Sparc, since Sparc shares this driver).

I've also cleared the screen after resuming GRUB from the "suspend" command, since GRUB has no idea what OF might have output, and so no idea what the current curson position should be.

-Hollis