grub-devel

PPC: bugs fixed and status

From: Hollis Blanchard
Subject: PPC: bugs fixed and status
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 23:07:03 -0600

I just fixed a couple bugs: one where prefix was being misdetected if the boot device didn't match a devalias, and the long-standing "timeout doesn't work" problem. I'm very happy about that one.

I think the next major problem is the nasty console corruption on PPC. Once that is done I think we will have something basically usable. :)

Marco, I'm seeing some slightly scary "quirks" in the Linux HFS driver, and I think the HFS+ driver is a bit more reliable. So if you were thinking about an HFS+ driver, now might be a good time... :) I also need to investigate the state of FAT12 support in PowerMac OF. Rumor has it that it works... if so, it might be a better idea to use that filesystem.

-Hollis