grub-devel

Re: Scripting support (PATCH)

From: adrian15
Subject: Re: Scripting support (PATCH)
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2005 10:37:32 +0100

> > I think also. Because theese modifications are lost after boot they >
> are generally modified only to boot one time an OS with specifical >
> parameters and you don't need scripts for this.
>
> Right.  The only reason I see for editing the script in general is to
> edit some menu generation routine.  But that is a very rare case I
> think.  If it turns out not to be a rare case, we can provide this
> feature later on.

I'm not quite sure if this discussion will affect my next development of
GSD based on grub2 but I'll tell you my opinnion:

Grub2 config files should be interpreted as if you were running a bash
script. (I actually don't know if it corresponds to approach #1 or #2 or if
it hasn't any relation with it)

The thing is that for developing GSD easily I will need some menu
generation routines... althought... now that I think it better...
I can made these routines from normal bash scripts.

In conclusion, I'm quite confused but try to help further GSD development.

adrian15

Grub Super Disk (GSD) : http://adrian15.raulete.net/grub/