grub-devel

Re: [GRUB1] Accessibility: Add beep support

From: Vincent Pelletier
Subject: Re: [GRUB1] Accessibility: Add beep support
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2005 22:28:30 +0100

Yoshinori K. Okuji wrote:
> It is funny that something written only for fun can be very useful.

Sadly I think nobody will find my framebuffer Mandelbrot of any use ;) .
I think I'll add (f)scanf functions in a "library" module as you
suggested, so tunes can be passed as arguments in a human (or
voice-synthesis) readable form.

Might be something like :

play tempo tone duration [tone duration [...]]
and
play file

I don't know much about the music conventions/standards, I'll dig a bit
so I can make something once for all and quickly discoverable.

About grub 1 policy, yes I meant my patch would be for grub 2.

Vincent Pelletier