grub-devel

stdint.h & non-GNU portability

From: Bart Grantham
Subject: stdint.h & non-GNU portability
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 18:25:18 -0400

I'm now at the point where I need to build grub to start integrating the OF work I've been doing, but I can't get the most recent CVS to make. I am using OpenBSD 3.5 on an Ultra5, and it needs stdint.h, which is not installed on my system. My understanding is that stdint.h is part of libc6 and I wanted to confirm this.

I'm not sure if it's a deficiency of OpenBSD in general, of OpenBSD 3.5, or of the Sparc port but I wanted to point it out in case maintaining non-GNU build portability is something that is important to the project.

And if someone could provide me with some pointers off-list on how I can get my toolchain up to speed (short of installing a different OS ;)), it'd be much appreciated.

BG