grub-devel

Grub didn't register 4 gigs of RAM

From: Jacobs, Brendan D.
Subject: Grub didn't register 4 gigs of RAM
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 10:36:24 -0400

I'm using a RedHat WS v4, and I just upgraded from 3 gigs of RAM to 4 gigs.  The BIOS recognizes all 4 gigs, but the grub load doesn't seem to.  It still thinks there is only 3 gigs in the system.  My Linux and Grub versions are:

Linux dogfish 2.6.9-5.0.3.ELsmp #1 SMP Mon Feb 14 10:03:50 EST 2005 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
address@hidden ~]# grub --version
grub (GNU GRUB 0.95)
address@hidden ~]#
I understand that there are some "mem=" command line arguments, but I've seen that sometimes RedHat Linux needs to subtract 576K from the memory count for the kernel.  Can someone please tell me the definitive memory command line for grub in order for Linux to recognize all 4 gigs?  Thanks in advance.

---
Best Regards,
Brendan Jacobs
Senior Software Engineer (HAS-CAB)