grub-devel

Re: Creating serial output without losing keyboard control

From: Cheryl Homiak
Subject: Re: Creating serial output without losing keyboard control
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 15:44:07 -0500

Actually, the device connected to the serial port in this case does provide either the speech synthesis or the braille, though at least in Grub Legacy you had to be sure you were in ext rather than graphical mode. So at least for my purposes, being able to do keyboard input, including arrowing in the menu as well as keypresses, while still maintaining output to the serial port so I can hear the result of what I'm doing, would be great.

--
Cheryl
"Where your treasure is,