grub-devel

Re: Creating serial output without losing keyboard control

From: Marco Gerards
Subject: Re: Creating serial output without losing keyboard control
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 21:15:35 +0200

Hollis Blanchard <address@hidden> writes:

> Actually, why shouldn't we just send output to all registered
> terminals, and accept input from any of them? That doesn't look
> difficult either.

It would be nice if we could have multiple terminals I think.  Or at
least accept input from terminals we don't use for output.

Using all terminals for output would be hard because each terminal has
another dimension.  For example a framebuffer of 100x40 and a serial
console which defaults to 80x25.  Should we use the dimensions of the
smallest terminal in that case?

--
Marco