grub-devel

gsd grub2 option proposal

From: adrian15
Subject: gsd grub2 option proposal
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 20:28:29 +0200

Well,

        Here I am subscribed to devel grub mailing list.

I supposed that my former email
(grub2 grub super disk proposals, remember?)
 you have decided that is good idea to implement commands called:

grub_title
echo

and some other ideas.

I wanted to talk about user interaction.
User Interaction is very important on Grub Super Disk.

I need the user to choose some options some variables.

Just below a option line there has to be a
command which is neither title
neither option.

Once every option is read (till next title or till end of file)
the options are presented (in a menu):

2nd hard disk
3rd hard disk
4th hard disk

and once one of them is selected the lines which are
below the selected option and the next one are
executed.

In my example when we choose 2nd hard disk
the line:

swapped_hd_value=(hd1)
is executed.

So I am going to write you a hipotetical grub2 menu.lst
grub2.cfg you call it now?
with the option idea and you tell me
if you have already developed something similar
or if you're planning to do it.

# Default values of swapped disks and devices to boot

swapped_hd=2nd hard disk
swapped_hd_value=(hd1)
boot_dev=(fd0)

# grub_title is the variable for showing the grub title (in place of free
mem and grub version)
grub_title=Swap 1st hard disk with $swapped_hd and boot $boot_dev

title Select Swapped hard disk
option 2nd hard disk
swapped_hd=2nd hard disk
swapped_hd_value=(hd1)