grub-devel

Re: How to write a grub2 driver ? Need help for ntfs & reiser4 ; -) !

From: Marco Gerards
Subject: Re: How to write a grub2 driver ? Need help for ntfs & reiser4 ; -) !
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 20:02:23 +0200

"John DOE" <address@hidden> writes:

Hi,

Can you please be careful next time with HTML email?  Many people on
this list use mailclients that do not support HTML email so many
people ignore your email because they can not read it.

> When I take a look at your other drivers I see magic_number & other
> things. Where did you find these magic numbers lol ?

Usually from a specification or some docs.

> I am not a programmer and I have never written a driver, so could
> you provide me links or books to start ?

If you want to learn about filesystem development, read this book:

www.nobius.org/~dbg/practical-file-system-design.pdf

Besides that, it is best to study simple filesystems like FAT and
minixfs.  It is hard to understand NTFS and reiserfs if you don't know
the basics.  If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

--
Marco