grub-devel

font in open firmware

From: Yoshinori K. Okuji
Subject: font in open firmware
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 07:39:04 +0200

I have implemented a new function getcharwidth in the terminal interface. I
updated all terminals for PC but didn't ofconsole. This is only because I
don't know how it behaves precisely.

According the standard, the default font seems to be implementation-dependent.
There is an attribute "character-set", but I don't know if this is used.

So, in reality, what kind of font is used in Open Firmware? Does it only
contain US-ASCII or is it like the VGA font? For now, ofconsole does not map
any Unicode character to another character, but does this work well?

Okuji