grub-devel

Devices > 2TB & GPT partitiontables

From: Frank Louwers
Subject: Devices > 2TB & GPT partitiontables
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 12:10:15 +0200

Hi,

We are currently rethinking our company's storage and backup servers. I know
that there is a limit of 2TB in the mbr, and that "gpt" is the way to get
beyond that limitation.

Does grub(2) understand gpt partition tables or is there another way to boot
from a device that's larger than 2TB?

Kind Regards,
Frank Louwers

--
Openminds bvba                www.openminds.be
Tweebruggenstraat 16  -  9000 Gent  -  Belgium