grub-devel

Re: vesafb terminal for testing.

From: Vesa Jääskeläinen
Subject: Re: vesafb terminal for testing.
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 00:39:30 +0300

Marco Gerards wrote:
> Vesa Jääskeläinen <address@hidden> writes:
>
>>> There are some long lines, can you please make them shorter so
>>> the maximal line length is 78 characters?
>> Hmm... I made another scan for those. Still I left some of those there
>> because in my opinion it is much more readable in that way. But splitted
>> some lines.
>
> Can you should me which so I can come up with a suggestion?

video/i386/pc/vbe.c:
- setpixel functions. There are couple of "too" long lines.
- grub_vbe_get_video_mode_info first variable definition is a bit long.

term/i386/pc/vesafb.c:
- grub_virtual_screen_setup, grub_malloc line.
- write_char, set pixel line at end.
- scroll_up, last memmove line.
- grub_virtual_screen_setcolor, function definition.
- GRUB_MOD_INIT.

commands/i386/pc/vbe_test.c:
- GRUB_MOD_INIT.

commands/i386/pc/vbe_list_modes.c:
- GRUB_MOD_INIT.

include/grub/i386/pc/vbe.h:
- several function prototypes.

>> I will scan the code once more and then commit a bit different version
>> to CVS as Okuji asked to commit it to there for easier testing.

Just a note until admins fix those commit messages, first version of vbe
terminal support is now committed. It still needs more work, but it is a
starting point.