grub-devel

Re: GRUB 1.90 is released

From: Yoshinori K. Okuji
Subject: Re: GRUB 1.90 is released
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 22:11:30 +0200

On Thursday 11 August 2005 16:47, Vladimir Serbinenko wrote:
> Has anybody tested grub2 on i386 processor? Do you think that 2
> microseconds will
> invalidate the cache if processor is waiting?

Do you mean 80386? Of course, no. I don't have such an old CPU.

AFAIK, this problem may happen only in a certain model of 80386, and there is
no way to make sure to invalidate the cache in 80386. So we have nothing to
do with this.

BTW, why do you say 2 microseconds? Where does this come from?

Okuji