grub-devel

Re: VESA Bios Extension support for i386 kernel added.

From: Marco Gerards
Subject: Re: VESA Bios Extension support for i386 kernel added.
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 17:11:18 +0200

Vesa Jääskeläinen <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Vesa,

> I have committed VESA Bios Extension support to i386 kernel.
>
> Without other stuff it is not useful, but when my flu goes away I will
> cleanup my frame buffer code and commit that too.

Nice :)

I hope you will get well soon.

> We probably need to discuss more about how to implement common graphics
> mode operations with all targets platforms. But I will get back when I
> can think more reasonably :)

Right, I agree.  I think we should write a generic part and drivers.
The drivers should be an abstraction to the hardware so the
framebuffer, font drawing code, background loader, and whatever we
need will work the same on every platform.  So the only thing the
porter has to do is writing a driver. :)

Thanks,
Marco