grub-devel

Re: GRUB 1.90 is released

From: Hollis Blanchard
Subject: Re: GRUB 1.90 is released
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 08:43:03 -0500

On Aug 9, 2005, at 1:32 AM, Yoshinori K. Okuji wrote:

On Tuesday 09 August 2005 05:21, Hollis Blanchard wrote:
On Aug 7, 2005, at 12:39 PM, Yoshinori K. Okuji wrote:
I'm happy to announce the release of GRUB 1.90.

I'm disappointed that you chose to announce GRUB 1.90 after knowingly
breaking the PPC build.

Do not forget that you broke it right before releasing it.

I have not forgotten, and I apologize for breaking the build. However, my break was accidental.

Anyway, I had
already mentioned that I would release it regardless of the status, and the
PC support is the priority. Don't complain afterwards.

You mentioned you wanted to release something "in the beginning of August." There was no rush this weekend, and I think it would have been polite to give people time to fix the PPC build before releasing.

-Hollis