grub-devel

console.h is not generic

From: Yoshinori K. Okuji
Subject: console.h is not generic
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2005 18:00:16 +0200

I reverted some changes made by Hollis a few days ago. His changes broke the
build process of GRUB on i386-pc, and some of them were not good.

You may not put console.h in include/grub, because this file is arch-specific.
Basically, this file is used to share some information in i386-pc-specific
terminals, including assembly source code. This file also includes key codes,
and they may not always be the same on all architectures.

Probably my changes break compilation on powerpc. Feel free to fix it. All you
need to do is to make a console.h specific to powerpc. From now on, please do
not remove headers from i386-pc blindly. If you want to do it, first ask me.

This is quoted from the ChangeLog:

        * include/grub/i386/pc/console.h: Move to include/grub/console.h.
        Remove unused prototypes.  All users updated.

Please describe what prototypes you removed. You cannot just say "unused
prototypes", because it is not specific. And, in reality, they are used. You
must check all the source code before judging that something is unused.

Okuji