grub-devel

Re: Intel Itanium2 devel for GRUB2

From: Marco Gerards
Subject: Re: Intel Itanium2 devel for GRUB2
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 13:58:48 +0200

James Buchanan <address@hidden> writes:

Hi James,

> Like I said, I will have an Intel Itanium2 system arriving soon.  I
> didn't know this when I bid on eBay -- but it's capable of 2 Itanium2
> CPUs (mine has one CPU installed) and it can take 24GB RAM.  Wow.
> (Mine has 2GB installed).  It can also take a 438GB of SCSI disk (mine
> has 2x 36GB Ultra320 SCSI disks).

Nice machine...  wow :)

> I've downloaded all the IA-64 manuals and EFI docs from Intel, and I'm
> studying the FreeBSD and Linux Itanium sources.  But I may need some
> help along the way if anyone here programs the IA-64.

Perhaps Jeff can help you (CC to Jeff).  I don't have any clue about
the IA64, but I do know a bit about GRUB 2 and porting it.  So do
other people on #grub on IRC and on this mailinglist.  So just hang
around on IRC and/or the list and ask the questions you have. :)

Thanks,
Marco