grub-devel

Re: grub-install

From: Hollis Blanchard
Subject: Re: grub-install
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 22:04:44 -0400

On Jul 24, 2005, at 2:44 PM, Yoshinori K. Okuji wrote:
I have mostly implemented grub-install as a shell script. I just copied it from GRUB Legacy then adapted it to GRUB 2. This script is much simpler in
GRUB 2, because grub-setup handles most things.

Great! This is something we still need to do on PowerPC before grub2 is generally usable...

It has one remaining issue, and I'm not sure what is appropriate for this. Since the core image in GRUB 2 is generated dynamically, it is necessary to
specify what modules should be included in it. When the user uses
grub-install, I believe that they should be automatically determined.

Is there a reason not to add all modules all the time?

-Hollis