grub-devel

Re: Cross-compiling GRUB

From: Hollis Blanchard
Subject: Re: Cross-compiling GRUB
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2005 17:13:46 -0400

On Apr 10, 2005, at 1:06 PM, Marco Gerards wrote:

At the moment I am compiling GRUB on one PPC system and running it on
another.  At the moment this is very unproductive for me and making it
hard, if not impossible, to do any testing.  So I set up a
cross-compiler so I can compile GRUB 2 for the PPC on my AMD64.

I have a powerpc64-unknown-linux-gnu toolchain (which can produce ppc32 binaries), but configure is being very annoying. I think I need to be able to specify host and cross-compile prefix separately (like Linux kbuild does). In other words, `configure --crosscompiler=powerpc64-unknown-linux-gnu- --host=powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu`.

How did you run configure?

-Hollis