grub-devel

Re: common ieee1275 code

From: Hollis Blanchard
Subject: Re: common ieee1275 code
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2005 16:10:29 -0400

On Jul 16, 2005, at 2:45 PM, Marco Gerards wrote:

Vincent Pelletier <address@hidden> writes:

Reboot is "reset-all" too, and shutdown is "power-off" (from OB v3
documentation). Tested on U1, U10, Sun blade 150.
Maybe could these be set with #define.

It should be detected run-time, I think.  For example there are
multiple Open Firmware implementations for the PPC.  One binary should
be usable on multiple implementations.  So a flag or so would be
better.

We do not need runtime selection between PPC and Sparc commands. There is no problem with each architecture defining its own grub_reboot() and grub_halt(), in fact you would expect this! Right now each function is a one-liner even...

AFAIK all PPC implementations use "reset-all" to reboot, so until we know of another command used by some other PPC firmware, no flag is needed.

-Hollis