grub-devel

Re: Some issues with VBE support.

From: Vesa Jääskeläinen
Subject: Re: Some issues with VBE support.
Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2005 14:10:02 +0300

Vesa Jääskeläinen wrote:
Running under DPMI host I could use it's services to map frame buffer's physical memory address. (using DPMI function 0x800)

So how could this be done in grub?

Looking at GDT it looks like that all physical memory is mapped to linear space and it should work correctly... Then I tested it on real computer to make sure it is not vmware problem and I got visual test image what I assumed...

Does anyone know better solution than making floppies and booting on other computer?

Thanks,
Vesa Jääskeläinen