grub-devel

install 2 grub-bootable disk for linux servre

From: Hong Li
Subject: install 2 grub-bootable disk for linux servre
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 04:24:15 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I'd encountered a weird problem. I have installed RH
EL3 on one server which has one IDE disk (Disk
A)connected to the IDE0 interface. then I want to plug
another IDE disk (DISK B)to IDE1 interface, and this
disk is a bootable disk from another Linux server runs
RH EL3 tool. Both two disk use GRUB as boot loader.

Weird is, when I connect these 2 disks to IDE cable
and boot server, the server is using the GRUB on Disk
B instead of Disk A, and display lots "can't find ...
error" since it seems seek boot files from Disk A.

What suprise me mostly is, when I deleted the boot
partition on Disk B, to prevent use GRUB on DISK B, it
doesn't works.

How can I tell GRUB to boot from specified DISK?

Tks,

Hong

Discover Yahoo!
http://discover.yahoo.com/mobile.html