grub-devel

Re: [BUG+Experiences] grub2 on ppc

From: Hollis Blanchard
Subject: Re: [BUG+Experiences] grub2 on ppc
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 09:51:03 -0500

On Apr 8, 2005, at 7:20 AM, Marco Gerards wrote:

Nico -telmich- Schottelius <address@hidden> writes:

This is only the case when using rescue mode, right? IIRC normal code
clears the screen before showing the welcome message.

"I don't know".

All what I did was loaded grubof.modules from hd,3. The system was
in a 'normal' state before.

What do you mean with rescue mode? No, I didn't enable anything like
that in grub, nor did grub use a menu (seems to be a wrong formated
grub.cfg).

Did you add normal.mod using grub-mkimage or was it automatically
loaded?

You can check this easily.  After normal.mod is loaded you will have
both tab completion and a history buffer.

How did you load GRUB?  By going to OF from yaboot and loading GRUB
there?

He built and booted as described at http://autistici.org/grub/moin.cgi/TestingOnPowerPC .

-Hollis