grub-devel

Re: [BUG+Experiences] grub2 on ppc

From: Nico -telmich- Schottelius
Subject: Re: [BUG+Experiences] grub2 on ppc
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 14:01:32 +0200

Marco Gerards [Fri, Apr 08, 2005 at 08:37:19AM +0200]:
> Nico -telmich- Schottelius <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > 1. The problem is that my / (root) is xfs, which is not support yet.
> >
> > Marco, can you fix that? ;-)
>
> Sure, you can expect it at the end of Juni or before that if possible.
> I have some code already.  I beg people not to work on it because of
> that, it will be done!

June is a bit far away, but perhaps I'll copy my kernel on a hfs
partition for testing (I always thought leaving macosx there is a good
thing ;-).

> > 3. grub once killed itself/hangup: I typed
> >    linux (hd,3)/usr<TAB> (hda4 == my /)
> >    But I cannot reproduce it!
>
> Which filesystem is used on (hd,3)?

xfs

> > 4. When typing
> >    linux (hd3)/<tab> grub does NOT say "no such device" or something
> >    similar, but prints a new line. For someone who does not see the
> >    typo, he'll be the one who asks on support channels.
>
> Right.  This can be done if that is what everyone expects...

Well or at least don't print a new line+prompt. That makes me think
'oh the expansion is ready|completed'.

> >    Btw, the same behaviour is seen when doing
> >    linux (hd,3)<tab> (on the not readable xfs partition). I really
> >    would like to see "Cannot read that filesystem (yet)."-message.
>
> Tab completion does not print errors at all.

I thought I saw that in grub1

Nico

--
Keep it simple & stupid, use what's available.
Please use pgp encryption: 8D0E 27A4 is my id.