grub-devel

Re: [BUG+Experiences] grub2 on ppc

From: Nico -telmich- Schottelius
Subject: Re: [BUG+Experiences] grub2 on ppc
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 14:03:27 +0200

Marco Gerards [Fri, Apr 08, 2005 at 12:21:58PM +0200]:
> Nico -telmich- Schottelius <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > But what you describe is different from what I mean:
> > I simply mean grub does _not_ cleanup the screen before it prints,
> > so partly the old message from yaboot's first stage is still there.
>
> This is only the case when using rescue mode, right?  IIRC normal code
> clears the screen before showing the welcome message.

"I don't know".

All what I did was loaded grubof.modules from hd,3. The system was
in a 'normal' state before.

What do you mean with rescue mode? No, I didn't enable anything like
that in grub, nor did grub use a menu (seems to be a wrong formated
grub.cfg).

Nico

--
Keep it simple & stupid, use what's available.
Please use pgp encryption: 8D0E 27A4 is my id.