grub-devel

PPC stack

From: Hollis Blanchard
Subject: PPC stack
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 10:42:04 -0500

Marco, can you remind me why we stopped assigning our own stack on PPC? I seem to recall something failing, but I don't remember what.

I've found that some things work better when we use our own stack. For example, running "suspend" does not spew a bunch of OF messages to the screen, but rather quietly returns to the OF prompt. Also, I think the trap exception doesn't work (crashes OF) when we use the OF-assigned stack, but I will try to investigate more later.

-Hollis