grub-devel

Re: Questions

From: Marco Gerards
Subject: Re: Questions
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 19:20:34 +0100

Tobias Wollgam <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi.
>
> If I google for grub2 I find some places where it seams that grub2 is
> used in distributions like Fedora and SuSE. Could this be true?

It sounds like someone is really confused or just called the hacked
GRUB they distribute GRUB 2.

> If I build the current cvs version of grub2 I got some pxe stuff. Does
> it work? How can I test it?

It can be used to load the core image using pxe.  If your BIOS is
capable of PXE you should be able to use this coreimage as it is
described in the README I think by using pxeboot.img instead of
boot.img.

--
Marco