grub-devel

can grub load flat binary execute

From: coly li
Subject: can grub load flat binary execute
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 15:42:20 +0800

I want to use grub load my flat binary execution. the filesystem is ext2.
grub.conf is in /boot/grub/grub.conf, as bellow:

default=0
timeout=10

title test os
root (fd0)
kernel /kernel.bin

the kernel.bin is only display "hello, world " in real mode.

but after I install grub on floppy, and boot the machine. the grub tells me
can't understand the file's format. for I complied the kernel.bin with flat
assembler, it has no format.

so, I wanna, how can I use grub to load a flat binary execution.

Coly Li