grub-devel

Re: [patch] configfile

From: Yoshinori K. Okuji
Subject: Re: [patch] configfile
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 21:54:49 +0100

On Monday 14 February 2005 20:20, Marco Gerards wrote:
> What I had in mind was to change the menu in memory.  But I don't
> have any problems with a few lost bytes either.  So we just do it
> like in Hollis' patch?  In that case I'll review so it can be
> applied.

I checked how much memory was consumed with grub-emu. I loaded a config
file and executed a command to show a stack pointer on the command-line
interface, then I reloaded the same config file and did the same
command. The result was 0xbffff184 and 0xbffff074. The difference is
272 in decimal. So I think this is negligible.

Okuji