grub-devel

Re: Query/Suggestion

From: Serbinenko Vladimir
Subject: Re: Query/Suggestion
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2005 18:55:39 +0100

Mike wrote:

Will Grub2 boot Windows w/o NTLDR?

If not, it would ba nice feature, for a bunch of reasons, not the least of which is to boot from non-traditional devices and in to an embedded environment.

Mike

I thought about it but when I saw the size of ntldr and ntdetect.com I gave up the idea to rewrite it. But I thought about the kind of adaptor that forces ntldr to read kernel from specificed memory location instead of file. Other idea is to have a llok at freeloader of ReactOS but I don't know if it's compatible with kernel of Windows from Microsoft. Anyway I have other prioritary features to realise at the moment. Later after some other things I'll try but not right now