grub-devel

Re: iterate return values

From: Marco Gerards
Subject: Re: iterate return values
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2005 21:21:41 +0000

"Yoshinori K. Okuji" <address@hidden> writes:

> On Friday 04 February 2005 21:04, Marco Gerards wrote:
>> The changelog is fine for me, but please don't send it in as a patch.
>
> For me, it is fine to include ChangeLog entries in a patch. What is
> wrong?

When you apply the patch it can not be applied when the changelog was
changed by another commit.

>> This looks like a tab, please don't use tabs.  I hope you can fix it
>> if that is the case and the same for the rest of the patch, if the
>> same happened there.
>
> Hmmh, I think I use tabs, too. Should I stop using tabs inside GRUB? In
> the past, tabs were prefered, because using only spaces enlarged the
> source code and the network bandwidth was extremely narrow. Nowadays,
> these reasons are not effective any longer.

Perhaps I am just confused.  I was under the impression the GCS forces
you to use spaces, but I can't find anything about it.  And emacs
creates tabs too when indenting.  So it seems I was just very wrong.

Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks,
Marco