grub-devel

Re: consolidate ELF header checks

From: Marco Gerards
Subject: Re: consolidate ELF header checks
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2005 19:26:12 +0000

Guillem Jover <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I'm working on the kFreeBSD loader and thus merging some common
> code to not have to duplicate it even more. This is the first patch
> from this serie.

That's really nice!  I am looking forward to your other patches.

> I've spoken with Marco about creating a new elf helper loader module
> so other loaders can share common functions. Maybe later we can add
> a.out or coff helper modules... Or maybe even move most of the
> functionality from dl to the elf module.

Yeah, I guess.  Let's see what is practical.

i don't think you can make a module of the code required by dl,
because dl is required to load it.  But it can be improved a lot at
least.

> This patch merges common ELF header checks. Please test this on PPC
> as I've only tested on x86.

I will test it.

> 2005-02-01  Guillem Jover  <address@hidden>

The review of the patch will follow after I tested it.

Thanks,
Marco