grub-devel

Re: New commands (reboot, halt, help)

From: Marco Gerards
Subject: Re: New commands (reboot, halt, help)
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 15:11:07 +0000

"Yoshinori K. Okuji" <address@hidden> writes:

> On Saturday 29 January 2005 14:01, Marco Gerards wrote:
>> > Why do you test the flags with GRUB_COMMAND_FLAG_BOTH?
>>
>> Not all commands, for example `title', should be printed.
>
> Why?

I was under the impression title was a special case.  It does not even
have a description.

> And, do you know that GRUB_COMMAND_FLAG_BOTH is a sum of
> GRUB_COMMAND_FLAG_CMDLINE and GRUB_COMMAND_FLAG_MENU? The conditional
> is at least redundant.

Right.  What the code does is making sure GRUB_COMMAND_FLAG_CMDLINE
and GRUB_COMMAND_FLAG_MENU commands and commands with both set are
shown.  I fail to see the redundancy.

What do you propose?

>> This is a two column format.  The output is, for example:
> [snip]
>
> It's not a two-column format. Try help on bash. You will see what I
> mean.

Right, I see.  I can make this change so it works more like GRUB
Legacy.

Is it ok if I add a --description so it works like the patch as it is
now?  It's how I like it, that's why I added it this way, but if you
don't like it I just remove it.

Thanks,
Marco