grub-devel

grub with GPT problem

From: Carlos Knowlton
Subject: grub with GPT problem
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 07:39:41 -0600

Hi,

I've got a 3Ware 9500 12 Harware RAID controller that is full of 25GB
S-ATA drives (total storage = 2.75TB).  To my 64bit FC3 box, this looks
like a single huge SCSI disk (/dev/sda).  I used parted to create GPT
partitions on it, (because nothing else would work on a volume that
big).  This seems to work fine, except that grub doesn't seem to
recognize GPT partitions.
So here's my question:  Does anyone know a way to boot from huge volumes
(where "huge" =  >2TB)?   even if it doesn't involve grub, or GPT, I'm
open to suggestions.  Any clues?

Thanks!
Carlos Knowlton