grub-devel

Re: debug prints

From: Marco Gerards
Subject: Re: debug prints
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 18:39:11 +0000

Hollis Blanchard <address@hidden> writes:

> Then grub_debug can be set at runtime to enable debugging messages,
> which could be quite helpful. If we wanted to get fancy, we could turn
> grub_debug into a set of flags (e.g. FILESYSTEM, PARTITION, DISK,
> LINUX, MEMORY) to selectively debug specific systems.

I would like this.  Especially if it is specific to a part of GRUB.
But I think if there was such facility it should be possible to turn
it on or off at configure time.  When it is turned off It should not
occupy any space in the binary.  And by default this should be turned
off.

What do you think?

--
Marco