grub-devel

Re: Loopback device

From: P
Subject: Re: Loopback device
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 12:38:35 +0000

Marco Gerards wrote:
Hi,

Here is a patch to add loopback support to GRUB.  Although a lot of
people told me they would find it useful, I just wrote it out of
boredom without thinking about its use, just to figure out how hard it
would be.

I could commit it if anyone really wants it.  Can I commit it?

Thanks, that's handy.

Note I'm not sure it's completely necessary though
as I have been using grub on a file for
ages by just doing `losetup /dev/loop0 disk.img`
before running grub.

--
Pádraig Brady - http://www.pixelbeat.org